Couscous Salad Recipe


Couscous Summer Salad


couscous-summer-salad-easy-healthy-bell-peppers-onions-olives-tomatoes-






Couscous is a staple ingredient in the  North African cusine. It is made up of crushed durum wheat semolina. There are basically two varieties of couscous instant and non instant. Difference between the two being that the latter doesn't require a  couscoussier for preparation.

The instant couscous is pre-steamed and dried. Couscous pairs very well with seasonal vegetables, lamb chicken or fish. In some cuisines like Egypt, it is used as a dessert.

I first heard about couscous when one day I was standing in front of a supermarket aisle thinking what I forgot to add to my shopping list and a woman came up to me and asked,"excuse me, do you know where couscous is ? "I looked at her in bewilderment, firstly thinking about the unfamiliar word "couscous" and secondly if I was looking like a store assistant rather than a regular customer.

Curious as I am, I started my hunt for couscous and finally when I found it, I started experimenting with different recipes. The recipe I am sharing today is a super easy and super tasty salad.
Your family and friends are sure to hit the like button after they taste it.

Here is the ingredient list:

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                           
IngredientsQuantity
couscous220g
black olives 15-20
chopped onion1 medium
chopped tomatoes2 medium
boiled chickpeas 1/2 cup
juice of lemon1 tbsp
bell pepper assorted colours1/4 cup
sweet corn1/4 cup
olive oil1-2 tbsp 
chili flakesto taste
 salt to taste



1. Prepare couscous according to package instructions. Fluff couscous with the help of  a fork and add boiled chickpeas.

2. Add chopped bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, onions and olives.

3. Add lemon juice mixed with oil, salt and pepper. I have used red chillies, you can use lack pepper if you like.

4. Mix with  a fork and couscous salad is ready to serve.


Buon Appetito!

Recipe For Couscous Summer Salad



print recipe

Couscous Summer Salad
A healthy and tasty combination of couscous, chickpeas and vegetables.
Ingredients
  • 220g couscous
  • chopped onions
  • chopped tomatoes
  • boiled chickpeas
  • juice of lemon
  • bell pepper assorted colours
  • sweet corn
  • olive oil
  • black olives
  • red chilli flakes
  • salt
Instructions
1. Prepare couscous according to package instructions. Fluff couscous with the help of a fork and add boiled chickpeas.2. Add chopped bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, onions and olives. 3. Add lemon juice mixed with oil, salt and pepper. I have used red chillies, you can use lack pepper if you like.4. Mix with a fork and couscous salad is ready to serve.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 serings

Comments