Chocolate Button Flower Cake



chocolate-flower-button-cake-dessert-teatime-baking-birthday-party


☻☻☻I have had a crush for this chocolate cake for quite a while and finally when I decided to make it, I found out that to my utter disappointment there was no chocolate and neither any cocoa powder in my pantry.☻

☻☻☻This often happens to me as I have a short term memory so I tend to forget more things most of the time while I am compiling my shopping list.☻

So what do I do now? When I decide to make something and I lack one or two ingredients, I have to look for substitutes, some additional drill for my poor neurons.

☻☻☻I took a peep into each and every kitchen cabinet and found some mokate cappuccino  powder. This is what I am using instead of chocolate and cocoa powder I thought! I made the cake with this ingredient instead of cocoa powder and finally when the cake was ready the results were rather pleasing.

☻☻☻I used the cappuccino powder not only in the sponge but also in the frosting. The sponge cake recipe is my own, but the cake decoration idea was inspired by a photo of chocolate button flower cake that I saw on Pinterest.☻


Ingredients   Quantity  
Flour                                                                     175g
Sugar 150g
Mokate Cappuccino Powder  25g
   Ingredients For Icing Quantity
Double Cream plus70g mokate powder 600g
Sugar 225g
White Chocolate Buttons as needed
Milk Chocolate Buttons As needed

♥Method:

To make the mokate cappuccino cream simply beat the double cream with sugar and 70g mokate powder. Beat till stiff.

For The Sponge Cake:

1) Start beating the eggs in an electric mixture at low speed. Gradually increase the speed while adding the sugar, a small amount at a time till all the sugar has been added.


2) Gradually add the flour mixed with the mokate cappuccino powder. Add one tablespoon at a time.
Fold the mixture gently.



3) After all the flour mixture has been incorporated, Pour in a greased  8-9 inch cake pan. I am using a silicon cake mould.


Bake at 180 degrees C until a toothpick inserted inside the cake comes out clean. Cut the cake in half.



First moisten the cake with sugar syrup or milk and then spread the cream mokate cappuccino frosting. Spread on first half and then cover with the second half part of the cake.


To make the button flowers, arrange the chocolate buttons as shown in the picture. Place a chocolate button in the center, align other buttons along the sides in order to make the petals.


Keep repeating until the cake is covered. Cover the sides of the cake by arranging buttons in one or two rows as shown

You don't have to be a baking pro to make this recipe, it is simple and easy. I hope you like this recipe. Thanks for visiting this site.

Comments