Raspberry Tiramisu.


Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert meaning lift me up.In one of my previous posts, I shared a recipe of tiramisu cake using homemade sponge cake. Today I am posting a recipe of tiramisu using savoiardi


Savoiradi also known as ladyfingers are soft sponge finger like biscuits. They are used in many trifle recipes. I have made regular tiramisu several times, sometimes I  make it with savioardi and sometimes with sponge cake. I haven't used eggs in the filling.


So I thought why not add something different to the regular tiramisu and give this classic dessert a different dimension. I have a chronic sweet tooth so you will often find a cake, in my fridge homemade of course.This is why I try to add fresh fruit in some form to my cake recipe just to satisfy myself, that I am making it somewhat healthy.


I wanted to make a raspberry tiramisu but didn't have any, so I thought of using some raspberry jam instead. I have made this cake like you would make a regular tiramisu but in between layers I have added the raspberry jam. I will tell you how.

Ingredients:

  1. 12 savoiardi biscuits
  2. mascarpone 350g
  3. double cream 15og
  4. raspberry jam 150g (microwave for a few seconds to make it spreadable)
  5. 1tbsp coffee powder plus 100ml water
  6. sugar according to taste
  7. cocoa powder to sprinkle
Method:
I have used a 7-inch wide pyrex dish for my tiramisu. I like to line it with cling film because I think it
gives a neater look. You can do without the cling film if you are skilled enough.
  • Prepare coffee with 1 tbsp of coffee in 100ml water sweeten to taste and let cool. Whip double cream with sugar to taste till light and fluffy. Set aside.
  •  Start with layering savoiardi at the base of the dish.With the help of a brush dipped in coffee soak the biscuits as much as possible.



  • Apply a layer of raspberry jam on top.



  • Apply a layer of whipped cream.




  • Keep repeating this process until all the layers are done



  • Sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve.




Thanks for visiting this blog. Have you ever tried making tiramisu with a different flavour?

Comments